Trial Search Results
Open-label Pilot Clinical Trial of Oral Ivermectin to Treat Atopic Dermatitis
This pilot trial studies how well a novel oral therapeutic agent performs to treat patients with atopic dermatitis, particularly facial dermatitis.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: Ivermectin Pill
1. Must have at least one lesion of atopic dermatitis (At least 1% Body surface Area).
2. 18 years of age or older.
3. Must be willing to take oral ivermectin once weekly for 4 weeks and monitor over 8
4. For women of child bearing potential, a negative urine pregnancy test
5. Women of child bearing potential are expected to use an effective method of birth
control while participating in the study and for 1 month after taking the last dose.
6. For male subjects with female partners of childbearing potential, agreement to use
adequate contraception while participating in the study and for 1 month after taking
the last dose.
7. Has signed and dated the current Institutional Review Board approved informed consent
8. Must be able to read and speak English fluently.
1. Is currently participating or has participated in another interventional clinical
study in the past 2 weeks;
2. Is age <18 years old.
3. Has had known or previous hypersensitivity or allergic reactions to oral ivermectin
4. Has an immunologic or infectious disease (e.g. hepatitis, tuberculosis, HIV or AIDS,
lupus rheumatoid arthritis) which could place the subject at risk or interfere with
the accuracy of the study results;
5. Taking any medication known to interact with ivermectin like Dasabuvir (theoretical)
or warfarin (probable).
6. Is planning a trip to a sunny climate, to use tanning booths or use other UV sources
throughout the course of this study;
7. Has a history of hypersensitivity to any substance in investigational preparation;
8. Has any clinically significant medical condition or laboratory abnormality that would,
in the opinion of the Investigator, put the patient at undue risk or interfere with
the interpretation of the study results;
9. Is currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
10. Has other skin conditions that might interfere with Atopic Dermatitis diagnosis and/or
evaluation (i.e. psoriasis current active viral, bacterial and fungal skin infections)
as assessed by the Investigator;
11. Any other condition or factor the Investigator or their duly assigned representative
believes may affect the ability of the subject to complete the study or the
12. History of congestive heart failure; cardiac arrhythmias; or other findings of
13. History of current evidence of malabsorption or liver disease.
14. Cannot read and speak English fluently.
15. Does not have at least 1% body surface area with lesional atopic dermatitis
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 80 Years
Genders Eligible for Study