Trial Search Results
Autologous Stem Cell Rescue for Primary Amyloidosis
To evaluate the role of high dose therapy and autologous hematopoietic cell transplant for amyloidosis.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Procedure: high dose chemo then auto hematopoietic cell transplant
Inclusion Criteria:1. Primary amyloidosis
2. Age < 75 years.
3. Patients must have their pathology reviewed and the diagnosis confirmed at Stanford
University Medical Center.
4. Patients who have undergone bone marrow transplantation previously will not be eligible.
5. Patients must have a Karnofsky performance status greater than 70%.
6. Patients must have a serum creatinine less than 2 mg/dl or creatinine clearance greater
than 30 ml/min, bilirubin less than 2 mg/dl, transaminases less than two times normal, left
ventricular ejection fraction >45% on echocardiography, cardiac index > 1.8 liters/min/m^2
and pulmonary function tests demonstrating FEV1 and DLCO > 60%.
7. Patients must be HIV negative.
8. Pregnant or lactating women will not be eligible to participate.
9. Patients must provide signed informed consent.
10. Patients with multiple myeloma and amyloid are eligible.
Exclusion Criteria:1. prior blood or marrow transplant
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - 75 Years
Genders Eligible for Study