Trial Search Results
Yttrium Y 90 Resin Microspheres Data Collection in Unresectable Liver Cancer: the RESIN Study
This research registry studies Yttrium Y 90 resin microspheres in collecting data from patients with liver cancer not capable of being removed by surgery (unresectable) for the radiation-emitting Selective Internal Radiation-Spheres (SIR-spheres) in non-resectable (RESIN) liver tumor registry. The information generated will help doctors better understand treatment patterns involving Y90 therapy, gain additional insights in the long-term outcomes for patients, as well as guide future research for using Y90 therapy, especially for those conditions where data is currently very limited or lacking.
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Collaborator: National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Other: Yttrium-90 Resin Microspheres
- Patients receiving SIR-Spheres therapy to the liver for the first time.
- Provision of written informed consent.
- Age 18 and older.
1. Prior completion of Y90 therapy to the liver (SIR-Spheres, TheraSpheres, or any other
liver-targeted therapy involving the use of radiation-emitting spheres).
-Patients who have received Y90 treatment in the past and who are returning for
another Y90 treatment are ineligible, even if new areas are being targeted.
2. Need for surrogate consent. Patients unable to consent on their own behalves are not
eligible for this study.
Ages Eligible for Study
18 Years - N/A
Genders Eligible for Study