Trial Search Results
Simulated Driving Performance, Daytime Sedation and Cognition in Healthy Volunteers Taking Gralise, Neurontin or Lyrica
Phase 4, double-blind, placebo-controlled, four treatment, four sequence crossover study comparing simulated driving performance, daytime sedation and cognition in healthy volunteers administered therapeutic doses of Gralise® (Treatment A), Neurontin® (Treatment B), Lyrica® (Treatment C) and placebo (Treatment D). All doses were administered under fed conditions.
Stanford is currently not accepting patients for this trial.
- Drug: Gabapentin
- Drug: Pregabalin
- Other: Placebo
- Between 40 and 80 years of age, inclusive.
- Body weight > 50 kg and BMI between 18 and 32 kg/m2, inclusive.
- Able to give informed consent.
- Licensed, experienced driver who had driven at least 3 times a week for the past 3
years and had visual acuity adequate for driving, as assessed by the investigator or
- Able to complete a 1 hour simulated driving test and demonstrate satisfactory driving
skills, as determined by the investigator or designee.
- Karolinska Sleep Scale (KSS) score of <=5.
- Other criteria apply.
- Known history of allergic reaction, hypersensitivity or clinically significant
intolerance to gabapentin, pregabalin or any pharmaceutical materials, or any of the
ingredients in the protocol-specified meals.
- Pregnant or lactating or considered at risk of pregnancy.
- Any medical condition or any laboratory abnormality or ECG abnormality that would, in
the opinion of the investigator, contraindicate study participation.
- Impaired liver function (e.g., alanine aminotransferase [ALT] ≥2 times the upper limit
of normal [ULN] or bilirubin ≥2 times ULN), known active hepatic disease (e.g.,
hepatitis), or evidence of clinically significant liver disease or other condition
affecting the liver that may suggest the potential for an increased susceptibility to
hepatic toxicity with oral gabapentin or pregabalin exposure.
- Any history of renal disease that, in the opinion of the investigator, would
contraindicate study participation; or subject had significantly impaired renal
function as evidenced by an estimated GFR of ≤ 80 ml/min/1.73m2.
- History or evidence of a sleep disorder, including sleep apnea (obstructive, central
or mixed), narcolepsy or primary insomnia.
- Other criteria apply.
Ages Eligible for Study
40 Years - 80 Years
Genders Eligible for Study