©2022 Stanford Medicine
A Comparison of Symbicort® pMDI 2 x 160/4.5 μg Bid and 2 x 80/4.5 μg Bid With Formoterol Turbuhaler® 2 x 4.5 μg Bid and Placebo in Patients With COPD
Trial ID: NCT00206167
The purpose of this study is to compare Symbicort in a pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI) with formoterol and placebo in the long-term maintenance treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
A 12-Month Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Randomized, Parallel Group, Multicenter Efficacy and Safety Study of Symbicort® pMDI 2 x 160/4.5 μg Bid and 2 x 80/4.5 μg Bid Compared to Formoterol Turbuhaler® 2 x 4.5 μg Bid and Placebo in Patients With COPD
- A clinical diagnosis of COPD with symptoms for more than 2 years.
- Smoking history of 10 or more pack years
- A history of at least one COPD exacerbation requiring a course of oral steroids and/or
antibiotics within 1-12 months before first visit.
- A history of asthma
- Patients taking oral steroids
- Any significant disease or disorder that may jeopardize the safety of the patient
drug: Budesonide/formoterol pMDI
drug: Formoterol Turbuhaler
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
6504935000 x 63544