©2022 Stanford Medicine
Trial ID: NCT03927833
Cycled phototherapy (PT) is likely to increase survival over that with continuous PT among extremely premature infants (< 750 g BW or <27 weeks GA).
Cycled Phototherapy: A Safer Effective Method to Control the Serum Bilirubin Of Extremely Premature Infants?
1. Infants is inborn
2. Infant is ≤ 750 grams at birth and/or < 27 weeks gestation at birth by best OB
3. Infant is 12-36 hours of age.
1. Unable to enroll infant by 36 hours of age
2. Previous phototherapy
3. Known hemolytic disease
4. TSB reported as >6.0 mg/dL before 12 hours age
5. Major anomaly
6. Overt nonbacterial infection
7. Infant is likely to expire soon: Limiting or withdrawal of intensive care is being
recommended to the parents, the parents are requesting withdrawal of care, or the pH
is < 6.80 or persistent bradycardia with hypoxemia for >2h.
device: Phototherapy lights