Latest1 information on COVID-19
©2022 Stanford Medicine
Trial ID: NCT00557882
A Randomized Clinical Trial of Vaginal Mesh for Anterior Prolapse
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Gynecology-Urogynecology) and, by courtesy, of Urology
1. women age > 21
2. diagnosed with stage II-IV vaginal prolapse who desire reconstructive surgery
3. available for 12 months of follow-up
4. able to complete study questionnaires and assessments.
5. available for 12 months follow-up
1. Uterus in place.
2. No anterior vaginal prolapse.
3. Medical contraindications, e.g. current urinary tract, vaginal or pelvic infection,
history of pelvic irradiation, history of lower urinary tract malignancy, chronic
steroid use or a compromised immune system.
4. Current intermittent self catheterization.
5. Pregnancy or desire for future fertility.
6. Presence of an adnexal or ovarian mass.
7. Shortened vagina.
8. Other laparoscopic or abdominal/pelvic surgery in the past 3 months.*
9. Known neurologic or medical condition affecting bladder function, e.g. multiple
sclerosis, spinal cord injury.
10. Need for surgery requiring an abdominal incision.
11. <12 months post-partum. (Enrollment can be deferred until time requirement has been
device: synthetic polypropylene mesh
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305