Latest1 information on COVID-19
©2022 Stanford Medicine
Trial ID: NCT02679118
Evaluation of the Ability to Detect Bowel Gas During Laparoscopic Surgery
1. Age 18 - 60 years old with the diagnosis of morbid obesity, who qualifies for
laparoscopic gastric bypass surgical therapy, and has elected to undergo laparoscopic
gastric bypass surgery.
2. Receiving care in the Stanford Hospital General Surgery Bariatric Surgery Clinic under
the care of Dr. Dan Azagury
3. The patient is scheduled for laparoscopic roux en y gastric bypass surgery, with Dr.
4. Willing and cognitively able to sign informed consent.
1. Lack of or inability to provide informed consent.
2. Less than 18 years of age or greater than 60 years of age
3. Planned deviation from the standard laparoscopic gastric bypass operation
4. Conversion intra-operatively from a laparoscopic gastric bypass to an alternative
laparoscopic surgical operation or to an open gastric bypass operation.
5. Enrollment in another device or drug study that may confound results.
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
Dan Azagury, MD