©2022 Stanford Medicine
Evaluation of the Advanced Hybrid Closed Loop (AHCL) System in Type 1 Adults and Pediatrics Utilizing Lyumjev®
Trial ID: NCT05325294
This US study will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of utilizing insulin Lyumjev® lispro-aabc in the MiniMed™ 780G System in Type 1 adult and pediatric subjects in a home setting to support product and system labeling.
Evaluation of the Advanced Hybrid Closed Loop (AHCL) System in Type 1 Adult and Pediatric Subjects Utilizing Lyumjev® Insulin Lispro-aabc
1. Age 7-80 years at time of screening.
2. Has a clinical diagnosis of type 1 diabetes:
1. 14-80 years of age: A clinical diagnosis of type 1 diabetes for 2 years or more
as determined via medical record or source documentation by an individual
qualified to make a medical diagnosis.
2. 7-13 years of age: A clinical diagnosis of type 1 diabetes for 1 year or more as
determined via medical record or source documentation by an individual qualified
to make a medical diagnosis.
3. Does not require a legally authorized representative to consent on their behalf due to
mental or intellectual disability.
4. Subject or parent/caregiver is literate and able to read the language offered in the
pump or pump materials.
5. Subject and/or legally authorized representative is willing to provide informed
consent for participation.
6. Is willing to perform fingerstick blood glucose measurements as needed.
7. Is willing to wear the system continuously throughout the study.
8. Must have a minimum daily insulin requirement (Total Daily Dose) of greater than or
equal to 8 units and a maximum total daily dose of 250 units or less.
9. Has a Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) less than 10% (as processed by Central Lab) at
time of screening visit.
Note: All HbA1c blood specimens will be sent to and tested by a National
Glycohemoglobin Standardization Program (NGSP) certified Central Laboratory. HbA1c
testing must follow NGSP standards.
10. Has thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) in the normal range OR if the TSH is out of
normal reference range, the Free T3 is below or within the lab's reference range and
Free T4 is within the normal reference range.
11. Uses pump therapy for greater than 6 months (with or without CGM experience) prior to
12. Is willing to upload data from the study pump, must have Internet access, and a
computer system, or compatible smartphone that meets the requirements for uploading
the study pump.
13. Is willing to take one of the following insulins and can financially support the use
of insulin preparations as required during the run-in period:
1. Humalog (insulin lispro injection)
2. NovoLog (insulin aspart injection)
3. Admelog(insulin lispro injection)
14. Is willing to take Lyumjev insulin during the study period (supplied via Sponsor).
1. Has hypersensitivity to insulin lispro or one of the excipients in Lyumjev®
2. Has a history of 2 or more episodes of severe hypoglycemia, which resulted in any the
following during the 6 months prior to screening:
1. Medical assistance (i.e., Paramedics, Emergency Room [ER] or Hospitalization)
3. Has been hospitalized or has visited the ER in the 6 months prior to screening
resulting in a primary diagnosis of uncontrolled diabetes.
4. Has had DKA in the last 6 months prior to screening visit.
5. Will not tolerate tape adhesive in the area of sensor placement as assessed by a
6. Has any unresolved adverse skin condition in the area of sensor placement (e.g.,
psoriasis, dermatitis herpetiformis, rash, Staphylococcus infection).
7. Is female of child-bearing potential and result of pregnancy test is positive at
8. Is sexually active female of child-bearing potential and is not using a form of
contraception deemed reliable by the investigator.
9. Is female and plans to become pregnant during the course of the study
10. Is being treated for hyperthyroidism at time of screening.
11. Has diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency.
12. Has taken any oral, injectable, or intravenous (IV) glucocorticoids within 8 weeks
from time of screening visit, or plans to take any oral, injectable, or IV
glucocorticoid during the course of the study.
13. Is using hydroxyurea at time of screening or plans to use it during the study.
14. Is actively participating in an investigational study (drug or device) wherein he/she
has received treatment from an investigational study drug or investigational study
device in the last 2 weeks.
15. Is currently abusing illicit drugs.
16. Is currently abusing marijuana.
17. Is currently abusing prescription drugs.
18. Is currently abusing alcohol.
19. Using pramlintide (Symlin), DPP-4 inhibitor, liraglutide (Victoza or other GLP-1
agonists), metformin, canagliflozin (Invokana or other SGLT2 inhibitors) at time of
20. Has a history of visual impairment which would not allow subject to participate in the
study and perform all study procedures safely, as determined by the investigator.
21. Has elective surgery planned that requires general anesthesia during the course of the
22. Has sickle cell disease, hemoglobinopathy; or has received red blood cell transfusion
or erythropoietin within 3 months prior to time of screening.
23. Plans to receive red blood cell transfusion or erythropoietin over the course of study
24. Is diagnosed with current eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia.
25. Has been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease that results in chronic anemia.
26. Has a hematocrit that is below the normal reference range of lab used.
27. Is on dialysis.
28. Has serum creatinine of >2 mg/dL.
29. Has celiac disease that is not adequately treated as determined by the investigator.
30. Has had any of the following cardiovascular events within 1 year of screening:
myocardial infarction, unstable angina, coronary artery bypass surgery, coronary
artery stenting, transient ischemic attack, cerebrovascular accident, angina,
congestive heart failure, or ventricular rhythm disturbances.
31. Has had history of cardiovascular event 1 year or more from the time of screening
1. a normal EKG and stress test within 6 months prior to screening or during
2. clearance from a qualified physician prior to receiving the study devices if
there is an abnormal EKG or stress test.
32. Has 3 or more cardiovascular risk factors listed below without a normal EKG within 6
months prior to screening or during screening or clearance from a qualified physician
if there is an abnormal EKG:
- Age >35 years
- Type 1 diabetes of >15 years' duration
- Presence of any additional risk factor for coronary artery disease
- Presence of microvascular disease (proliferative retinopathy or nephropathy,
- Presence of peripheral vascular disease
- Presence of autonomic neuropathy
33. Is a member of the research staff involved with the study.
34. Has used a MiniMed 780G pump prior to screening
device: MiniMed 780G System
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
Eliana A Frank