Latest1 information on COVID-19
©2022 Stanford Medicine
Trial ID: NCT00186056
Mifepristone in Refractory Depression
- 21-item HAM-D score of 20 or above.
- If currently taking antipsychotic, antidepressant, anticonvulsant, and/or
mood-stabilizing medications, must be stable on the medication for at least three
weeks prior to entering the study.
- At least 2 failed antidepressant medication trials of adequate dose and duration.
- Between 18 and 75 years of age.
- Not currently pregnant or trying to become pregnant. Exclusion Criteria:-History of
schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation treatment or ECT in the 3 months prior to starting
- History of vagus nerve stimulation treatment.
- No unstable or untreated cardiovascular disease, hypertension, or endocrine disorder.
- Current use of oral contraceptives or any other drug that may result in adverse
drug-mifepristone interactions effects (including Amiodarone, Clarithromycin,
Erythromycin, Fluconazole, Fluvoxamine, Indinavir, Intraconazole, Ketoconazole,
Metronidazole, Miconazole, Nefazodone, Nelfinavir, Norfloxacin, Omeprazole, Quinine,
Ritonavir, Saquinavir, Troleandomycin, Zafirlukast, Carbamazepine, Dexamethasone,
Ethosuximide, Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Primidone, Rifabutin, Rifampin, Troglitazone).
A 30-day wash-out period for oral contraceptives is required before mifepristone
- Previous allergic reaction to mifepristone or drugs of similar chemical structure.
drug: Placebo Oral Tablet
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305