©2022 Stanford Medicine
Magrolimab Monotherapy or Magrolimab in Combination With Azacitidine in Participants With Hematological Malignancies
Trial ID: NCT03248479
The primary objectives of this study are: - To confirm the safety and tolerability of magrolimab monotherapy in a relapsed/refractory (R/R) acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) population, and of magrolimab in combination with azacitidine in previously untreated participants with AML or MDS and participants with R/R AML and MDS - To evaluate the efficacy of magrolimab monotherapy in R/R AML/MDS, and of magrolimab in combination with azacitidine in previously untreated participants with AML/MDS, or R/R AML/MDS as measured by complete remission (CR) rate for participants with AML and higher-risk MDS, and duration of complete response for participants with AML and higher-risk MDS, and duration of CR for participants with AML and higher-risk MDS - To evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of magrolimab monotherapy or combination with azacitidine in low-risk MDS participants as measured by red blood cell (RBC) transfusion independence rate
A Phase 1b Trial of Magrolimab Monotherapy or Magrolimab in Combination With Azacitidine in Patients With Hematological Malignancies
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Meets the criteria below for the appropriate cohort:
1. Relapsed/Refractory Cohorts: Pathologically confirmed relapsed or refractory
(primary refractory and/or relapsed refractory) AML or confirmed intermediate,
high, or very high risk MDS that is relapsed, refractory or intolerant to
2. Treatment-naive/ Unfit Cohorts: Previously untreated individuals with
histological confirmation of AML who are ineligible for treatment with a standard
cytarabine and anthracycline induction regimen; or previously untreated
individuals with intermediate, high, or very high risk MDS. Prior and concurrent
therapy with hydroxyurea, oral etoposide, erythroid and/or myeloid growth factors
3. Rollover Cohort: Individuals on active magrolimab therapy on the Phase 1 AML
(SCI-CD47-002; NCT02678338) trial who are deriving clinical benefit by
4. RBC transfusion dependent low risk MDS cohort: Transfusion-dependent MDS
individuals who are very low or low risk by IPSS-R with previous treatment with
an erythroid stimulating agent or lenalidomide.
- White blood cell (WBC) count ≤ 20 x 10^3/mcL
- Adequate performance status and hematological, liver, and kidney function
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Prior treatment with CD47 or signal regulatory protein alpha (SIRPα) targeting agents
(with exception of magrolimab for individuals in the Rollover cohort).
- Treatment-naive/Unfit Cohorts Only: Any prior anti-leukemic therapy (excluding
hydroxyurea or oral etoposide), prior treatment with hypomethylating agents and/or low
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia.
- Known inherited or acquired bleeding disorders.
- Previous allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant within 6 months prior to
enrollment, active graft versus host disease (GVHD), or requiring transplant-related
- Clinical suspicion of active central nervous system (CNS) involvement by leukemia
- Known active or chronic hepatitis B or C infection or HIV
- Pregnancy or active breastfeeding
Note: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
Ji Hyun Choi