Latest1 information on COVID-19
©2022 Stanford Medicine
Trial ID: NCT03611309
A Multi-Center Randomized Controlled Trial of Perioperative Palliative Care Surrounding Cancer Surgery for Patients and Their Family Members (the PERIOP-PC Trial)
Clinical Assistant Professor, Medicine - Primary Care and Population Health
- 18 years of age and must be able to give informed consent.
- Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer or hepatocellular cancer or esophageal cancer or
gastric cancer and/or cholangio carcinomas
- Non emergent, upper gastrointestinal cancer related surgery with a goal of primary
resection of the tumor- optimal surgical goal is cure, not merely disease palliation.
- One companion per patient will be allowed to participate. In addition, to being
identified by the patient at being a key caregiver throughout the surgery period,
these companions must be able to give informed consent and at least 18 years of age.
- No previous involvement of palliative care providers in their care course
other: Surgeon-palliative care team co management
other: Surgeon team alone management
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305