©2022 Stanford Medicine
Preventing Vulnerable Child Syndrome in the NICU With Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (PreVNT Trial)
Trial ID: NCT03906435
This study is being done to see if outcomes for both a premature infant's parents and the infant born prematurely who have spent time in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) can be improved through parent cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) sessions.
Parental Perception of Child Vulnerability in the NICU and Development Outcomes: A Randomized Control Trial Preventative Intervention With Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Born at Parkland Hospital
- English or Spanish speaking mother +/- father
- ≤ 30.6 weeks gestation at birth
- Survival to 33 weeks gestation
- Significant congenital anomalies
- Child Protective Services (CPS) involvement or foster care placement -- Prior
enrollment in this PreVNT study for an older sibling.
behavioral: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305