Latest1 information on COVID-19
©2022 Stanford Medicine
Trial ID: NCT00767832
Thromboelastography to Assess Hemostatic Changes in Patients Undergoing Elective Cesarean Delivery.
Professor of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine (OB)
Clinical Assistant Professor, Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine
- All obstetric patients with singleton pregnancies admitted to the labor and delivery
unit at Lucile Packard Hospital who undergo elective Cesarean delivery.
- We will select 100 healthy ASA 1 patients with singleton pregnancies who are scheduled
for uncomplicated elective Cesarean delivery, with no anticipated risk of obstetric
- Patients with underlying coagulation disorders.
- Patients with thrombocytopenia.
- Patients with pregnancy-induced hypertension, pre-eclampsia.
- Patients requiring the following medications prior to surgery: NSAIDS, aspirin,
- Patients requiring non-elective Cesarean delivery.
- Patients with significant obstetric or medical disease.
- No patients <18 years of age will be recruited.
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305