©2022 Stanford Medicine
Treatment for Insomnia During Pregnancy
Trial ID: NCT01846585
The aim of the study is to improve sleep during pregnancy and the postpartum period in women who are experiencing insomnia, using a brief non-pharmacological treatment.
The Effectiveness of Non-Pharmacological Treatment for Insomnia During Pregnancy
- Meets Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (IV-TR edition) criteria for insomnia
(duration criterion - 1 month)
- Pregnant with gestational age between 18-32 weeks.
- Adequately fluent in English or Spanish.
- Some co-morbid sleep disorders (e.g., moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea)
- Co-morbid psychiatric disorder
- Use of medications, herbs or other drugs with known effects on sleep
- Unstable medical conditions
- Currently engaged in psychotherapy or other treatments for insomnia
behavioral: Arousal Based Therapy for Insomnia
behavioral: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
Haddas Elisha, BSc